How to upload documents
We want to provide a safe environment for anyone that wishes to buy, sell or trade digital currencies. In order to create this safe environment, and adhere to European/national rules and laws, we need to make sure that you are who you say you are. This way nobody else can use your credentials on our platform.
For us to be able to verify your identity, we will ask you to provide us with some personal information and documents. We require more personal information from you, depending on the amount and quantity of cryptocurrency you wish to buy, sell or trade. We created some general rules that you have to follow while sending us your documents, so that we can accurately verify your personal information.
To provide us with your documents, you can either scan or take a picture of them. For both ways, there are some general rules that apply to all the types of documents that you can upload:
- All documents should be in colour;
- All documents must be fully visible, all the edges and corners must be shown;
- The scan/photo must be sharp, all the security marks must be visible;
- Please use a contrasting background (i.e. light coloured card on a dark background)
- For best results, make sure the picture is taken under white or natural (ambient) light and is not covered in shadow.
In order to make sure your pictures are sharp, we recommend you use your smartphone. Nowadays, most smartphones have better resolution than scanners.
Uploading your ID or passport
Any valid government-issued European travel document is accepted at Anycoin Direct. This means that we accept passports and ID cards for verification purposes. If you have a European residence permit, we do require you to provide a passport or ID card from your country of origin. We do not accept driving licenses or documents that are (heavily) damaged, expired, counterfeited or have been tampered with.
- Both sides of your ID card must be fully visible; for your passport, we only need the front side;
- The document may not be in a protective cover, with exception of documents where the protective cover cannot be removed;
- All the information on the document must be visible with exception of the Social Security Number
Uploading a residence permit
If you upload your residence permit, you also have to provide us with the passport of your country of origin. The passport is required for us to be able to check if you are from the country that is mentioned on the residence permit and if the other personal information matches. You can mail your passport to email@example.com
Uploading your Proof of Residence
A valid Proof of Residence is a document that confirms your registered address. We accept a wide range of documents but be aware that mail from official authorities (from your bank, university, municipality, government or utility companies) is always a better choice than your everyday mail (invoices, bills, fines or love letters). Your Proof of Residence must show: your full name and address and may not be older than three months. The hard requirements for a valid Proof of Residence are:
- The first and last name stated must match the name of your account. Initials are allowed, given that they are visible;
- The full address stated must match the one registered in your account;
- The date on which the document was issued must be shown. The document must be issued less than 3 months ago;
- The whole document must be uploaded, all pages must be included.
Uploading your company extract
An extract from the company register is a document that states all vital information about the company. You may request this document from your (local) registration office, such as the Chamber of Commerce. We accept company extracts in the Dutch, English and German languages. If your company extract is from a different language, we require an official and notarial translation. The information in the company extract must include:
- the name of the company;
- the business activities;
- the company registration number;
- the VAT number;
- the legal form;
- the board of directors or governing entities and their authorizations;
- the legal address of the company.