Stellar Lumens is now available on Anycoin Direct!
We are very happy to welcome Stellar Lumens, also known as XLM, on Anycoin Direct! You can buy XLM, with all our available payment methods. Of course, you can also sell XLM and have the payout sent to your bank account.
About Stellar Lumens
The premise of Stellar Lumens is “a worldwide financial network open to anyone.” They want to achieve this by connecting end-users, banks and payment systems with each other. By connecting these systems, Stellar Lumens wants to make monetary transactions fast, secure, reliable and inexpensive. Stellar is one of the longer running blockchains with its origins dating back to early 2014.
- In 2015, the currency itself was renamed from Stellar to Lumens. The network on which it functions is still called Stellar.
- The Stellar network requires all wallets to hold a minimum balance of 1 lumens. This is to prevent people from opening multiple wallets and spamming the network. In other words, the first XLM in a Stellar Lumens wallet cannot be spent and will remain on that private key.
- Stellar Lumens is one of the faster cryptocurrencies with transaction speeds pending between 2 and 5 seconds. At the moment, the platform is capable of handling 1000 to 2000 transactions per second.
- The Stellar network has a built-in, fixed, nominal inflation mechanism. New lumens are added to the network at the rate of 1% each year.
- XLM can be stored on the Ledger Nano S. We have also created an overview of XLM wallets that we recommend. You can view them here.
- For the official website, go to https://www.stellar.org/lumens/
After adding Ripple, Qtum, GAS and now Stellar Lumens, Anycoin Direct has started its trajectory of adding new coins on a regular basis. As always, keep an eye on our social media channels for the latest news and updates.